• Beautiful mid-high range Shibata-signature sound and strong mid-range volume
• VM type dual magnet design ensures outstanding channel separation, extended frequency response and superb tracking
• Lightweight tapered aluminium cantilever allows for faithful reading of the record groove
• Centre shield plate enables the effective separation of left and right channels, suppressing electrical crosstalk to below 40dB
• Die-cast aluminium alloy housing reduces vibration and adds a natural electrical shield
Audio-Technica’s internationally-patented Dual Magnet design replicates the structure of the cutter head.
Instead of using a single, large magnet, the two magnets are arranged in the shape of a "V". The two magnets are positioned precisely to match the positions of the left and right channels in the stereo groove walls. Consequently, the VM design ensures outstanding channel separation, extended frequency response and superb tracking.
Para-toroidal generating system
Para-toroidal coils improve generating efficiency and offers superb linearity, since leakage of magnetic flux in this continuous and unitised magnetic circuit is low. Permeability of the cores is also optimised through the use of laminated cores.
Centre shield plate reduces crosstalk
A permalloy centre shield plate enables the effective separation of left and right channels, suppressing electrical crosstalk to below 40dB. This is similar to the actual crosstalk value found in the grooves of the record itself.
Top-end model fitted with the die-cast aluminium alloy housing. The body reduces the unwanted vibration and enhances the superior sound quality of high-performance line contact styli.
Provides a beautiful mid-high range Shibata-signature sound and strong mid-range volume.